Come browse our rummage sale for household goods, clothing tools, toys, sporting goods, office or party supplies, electronics, jewelry and arts & crafts. Hosted by Iron Pony Trading Post at 803 Main Street, Suite B (the old CarQuest Building,) from Thursday, June 22 to Sunday, June 25. Thursday, we’ll open the rummage sale at 5pm through 8pm for the Cruise Night. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, come by from 11am to 5pm.
Drop off donations at 803 Main Street from 11am to 5pm before Tuesday, June 20. Donations are tax deductible and you will be given a receipt.
Proceeds will benefit Ramona Skatepark Champions, a 501c3 organization. Keep reading past image for volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer opportunities available. We actually don’t have a sign-up sheet for this one, and just ask if you want to volunteer to contact us at email@example.com and just let me know what shift you want to take or what supplies you can provide.
Supplies we need:
- Price tags or pricing system.
- Able Bodies
- 2pm – 5pm Saturday
- 2pm – 5pm Sunday
- 2pm – 5pm Monday
- 2pm – 5pm Tuesday
- 2pm – 5pm Wednesday
- 5pm – 8pm Thursday Cruise Night
- 11am – 1:30pm Friday
- 1:30 – 5pm Friday
- 11am – 1:30pm Saturday
- 1:30pm – 5pm Saturday
- 11am – 1:30pm Sunday
- 1:30pm – 5pm Sunday
2pm – 5pm Monday to cart everything not sold to donate, or pack into a corner if we want to do another one sometime.
Special thanks to those who have reached out to ask how to volunteer to help us raise money for a community skatepark in Ramona. You can sign up online – there’s sign up sheets at the bottom of this article. Here’s what we need.
- The most consistent need that we have is for help serving root beer floats for $1 on Thursday Cruise Nights at the Packard’s Coffee Shop at 7th and Main. There are something like 26 Thursday’s between now and when they end the American Graffiti Cruise Night, and without help, we are not able to be out there every single time to maintain a consistent presence on Main Street for that event. We don’t make a lot of money at this event, but it is valuable community outreach. We talk to a lot of kids and parents, plus, it is a lot of fun!!
- Coming soon is a partnership with the Ramona Unified School District, where we will partner with RUSD to launch competitive skateboard athletic teams in participating schools, so we will have to plan competition events, and there will be a variety of needs that volunteers can help meet for that groundbreaking new program. Stay tuned for more info!
- In connection with that program, we will also be launching a “Brick Fundraiser” shortly, and we will need volunteers to coordinate a multi-faceted fundraising effort, complete with community partners, school sites and skate teams, goals and prizes, as well as community outreach events.
- Last, but certainly not least, we are also just starting the advanced planning for the Halloween Haunted Town Hall, which we do every October and that requires a LOT of volunteers.
With every good intention, I have failed to put together a volunteer meeting to go over volunteer opportunities and enlist your support. As it turns out, I have a serious mental block when it comes to organizing meetings. I don’t think I’m alone. I think other people share my lack of enthusiasm for meetings.
In the interest of doing away with superfluous meetings, I’ve re-organized the web site so I can post blog articles of our latest developments, and posted an online sign-up sheet, which is also reprinted below. If you are interested in volunteering to help at cruise nights, please pick a date and put in your name with your contact info and we will reach out to you to be sure you are buddied up with someone and have everything you need and are comfortable with the booth operation. You’ll have fun. Cruse nights are usually pretty fun.
Speaking of fun….there’s also a sign up sheet for the Haunted House, put your name and contact info in your area of interest, and we’ll be sure to reach out to you as the production comes together.
Current Sign-up Sheets
No sheets currently available at this time.